Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tastebooks Leave a Sweet Taste in Our Mouths!!!

My friend Kristiana recently called me over for a serious powwow on one of the coolest gift ideas I've seen in a long time. TasteBook is a fabulous company that allows you to create your own personalized cookbook.

Now, I'm a total foodie and I'm always ripping new recipes out of magazines or printing them off the web. I also have a collection of hand-written recipes that are constantly getting misplaced--some of them are in my grandmother's handwriting and my heart always stops a bit when I can't put my hands on them immediately.

In other words, my recipe collection is a mess.



Enter TasteBook. On their site, you can make your own books of your favorite recipes. First you pick a pretty cover, and I must say their photography choices are really beautiful. Then you enter your own recipes and directions, or search from the archives of Food Network, Better Homes & Gardens, Epicurious or a number of other great cooking sites. TasteBook saves them in your account, publishes the book and sends it right to your door. It's so easy to buy identical copies or to mix things up and personalize each one.

What a great option for Christmas or anniversary or really, any other special occasion! Merging all your family recipes is a great way to make an heirloom, and these are really beautiful enough to be handed down generation-to-generation. You can do a dedication page and they come gorgeously wrapped. Try it... tastes good to me!

Dolcemente,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment