Thursday, July 2, 2009

Special 4th of July Sweetness

I love the 4th of July. So many great traditions...kids running around in swimsuits, that grilled meat smell wafting from the backyard, and more food than you can shake a stick at. I mean, really, what could be better?

To that end, I've put together a list of the most tempting kid-friendly summer treats.

This is a great looking Chocolate-Watermelon popsicle. Yes, please.



Kids and ice cream are a timeless match, don't you think? I like this little thing--make 'em work for it! Plus, the more calories I can burn making the ice cream, the better. Know what I'm sayin'? I thought so.



Here's a recipe from Martha for homemade ice cream. I trust her with my ice cream, I really do.

I'm pretty sure this is the last week for decent strawberries, so I thought these might be a good choice to end the season. Strawberry mice! That's, um, interesting, Lindsay. Hey, at least it's healthy.



Jessica says, don't forget the lemonade. So, don't forget the lemonade! Here's a great recipe for some the kids can make on their own.

Happy 4th of July!
Dolcemente,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment