Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy Anniversary to US!!!


A year ago today I walked in to a particularly cute little Starbucks to meet my friend Jessica. She had an idea for a new photography company and wanted to talk to me about it. I was all dressed up. I had on a really cute denim bubble skirt and my adorable yellow shoes. I had my laptop and smartphone all ready to do SERIOUS BUSINESS with my SERIOUS PHOTOGRAPHER FRIEND Jessica.

I'm pretty sure she stifled a laugh when she saw me. She just wanted to talk about this idea, for this specialty photography company that wasn't like anything else in Atlanta children's photography. And she wanted to have fun.

And we did have fun. A lot of fun. But we also started to do some serious work on this little portrait party idea. Within a month we had a business plan, a name, and a logo, plus a party on the schedule.

We launched SweetSnaps less than two months after that first meeting. We started booking parties and got so much support from businesses like Chocolate Pink and Greene's Fine Foods. We merged our wedding businesses under Sublime a month after that. We were on TV. We were published. And published. And published again. We traveled. We got coverage in Daily Candy and, well sort of all over the place. Amazing.

In short, we've been blown away with how well-received this idea was, this idea that barely existed a year ago. And how much support we've gotten from family, friends, and cheerleaders we didn't even n. And how happy people are to have beautiful memories of their children.

So today we celebrate out anniversary, sort of.  The paper anniversary--maybe the photographic paper anniversary?  It's been a GREAT year.  And there's still so much more to do--so many more people who need SweetSnaps in their lives.  So, onward!

And Jessica, it's okay if you still laugh a little when I'm overdressed. It happens alot, so I'm used to it. And I still love you.

Dolcemente,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment