Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The Sleep Conundrum

So I'm soliciting some major feedback here... I've been anxious to put my girls (ages: almost 4 and almost 2) in the same room for sleeping so I can a) take back the nursery as my office which will allow me to b) enlarge their play area. Ada, my 3 year old, has been desperate for a roomie because, in her words, she gets "lonely from sleeping." So we made the move Friday night, and so far Roxy seems to be sleeping about the same (she's an early riser, always has been). Problem is, they both have a little more trouble going to sleep and when Roxy gets up in the morning she gets Ada up too. So by noon every day I have two complete sourpusses on my hands.

What should I do? Keep them together a few more days and see if it works itself out? Or separate them and try again in a few months? I'd love to have my office back but well-rested and pleasant family members are a bigger priority for me... Any advice from seasoned parents???

this is what i want. but in the bed. and two of them. sleeping just like this.

Lindsay

1 comment:

  1. I would try and see if it will work itself out. My two youngest boys shared a room and we finally started putting the youngest to bed first- he is also a more sound sleeper- then putting the older one to bed, with strict instructions not to wake up his brother. It took about two weeks to work itself out. Its worth a try and then if it still has the kinks try again later. - Stephanie Hart

    ReplyDelete